Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people.
A child is God's opinion that life should go on.
I see who I want to be, in my daughter's eyes.
Our daughter is the knot that ties the family together.
She's honey and the bees don't know it!
With moonbeams in hand and stardust in eyes, you're a baby of heaven drifting down from the sky.
A baby girl, one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys we can ever know, and one of the reasons why there is a little extra sunshine, laughter and happiness in my world today.
You are so precious to me, sweet as can be, baby of mine.
A daughter may outgrow you lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
A Daughter: The companion, the friend, and the confidant of her mother, and the object of a pleasure something like the love between the angels to her father.
A wee bit of heaven drifted down from above, a handful of happiness, a heart full of love.
Daughters Dance their Way into Your Heart Whirling on the Tips of Angel Wings; Scattering Kisses & Gold Dust in our Paths
Giggles,curls,ribbons and bows. She is so adorable from head to toe!
Daughters are flowers that are forever in bloom.
Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty.
In your face I see all the beauty of a flower, in your voice I hear all the splendor of the sweetest song.
Little girls are precious gifts like birds and brooks and streams. Their hair is tied up with ribbons and bows...their hearts are tied up with dreams.
Pretty dresses, little Curls! Oh thank heaven for little girls!
Here are two recipes requiring cattails. I have never tried them but may do so in the future. What the hell, right?
* 2 cups scrapped spikes
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* 1 egg, beaten
* ½ cup milk
* Salt and pepper
* 1 onion diced
* ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
* Preheat the oven to 350°.
* Blend the scraped off cattail grains with the bread crumbs.
* Beat the egg and stir into the bread crumb mixture.
* Sauté the onions (and other vegetables, such as mushrooms, peppers etc. as you wish).
* Combine the vegetables and the breadcrumb mix, season to taste and pour into a casseroles dish.
* Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve while piping hot.
Cattail Banana Muffins
* 1 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup cattail pollen
* 3 tablespoons buttermilk
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ cup butter, softened
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup honey
* 2 eggs
* 1 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas
* ½ cup chopped walnuts
* Heat the oven to 350° (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
* Combine the dry ingredients: flour, cattail pollen, buttermilk, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
* In separate bowl, cream butter, oil and honey. Add eggs, beating thoroughly. Mix in banana. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix. Gently fold in walnuts. If the mixture is too dry, add a little milk.
* Fill prepared muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool on wire rack.
Thursday, April 15, 2010