About Me

I am married with children. I have a 20 year old son; a 17 year old son; a 4 year old daughter. I have been married twice. The first marriage lasted 11 years. I have been married to my second husband 15 months as of May 14th. I grew up on a small Vermont family farm with 2 brothers and 3 sisters. I was a ward of the state. I have 2 biological sisters. I have had 4 last names. My biological name, my adopted name, and my two married names. I am not a materialistic person. I believe in angels, forgiveness, God, love, and second chances. I love my children and my husband. I have always wanted to be part of something bigger than myself where I could help others. I wish I could do more for the people in my life. I am no saint though I am no devil either. I have not been far in this world which makes me no expert on most topics. I took a train once from New England to Florida with a 6 year old and a 3 year old when I was 33. I have never been in a plane or on a cruise ship. I did take the fairy from Maine to Nova Scotia in 1987. That was the extent of my travelling days. I am my own worst critic and my own worst enemy at times.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Drama

Teenagers know drama. My son's girlfriend broke up with him by texting him on Wednesday. Not only that, but she also texted me, my other son, my ex husband and countless others. She involved everyone for reasons unknown. My son called her numerous times that night though he was advised by several not to. She ignored his telephone calls and text messages. She then changed her cell telephone number. Her break up through a text was unwarranted and cold. Immature to say the least. I had driven 44 miles to pick her up and drive her back to my home so she could visit with my son, her boyfriend, the previous Saturday and the two were fine. Four days later, she texts him a break up message. Thursday, my son convinces his father to drive the 22 miles to her house. I assume he was hoping for reconciliation but instead the two gave each other back the gifts they had given to one another throughout the year, including a ring. She then told my son to “hit the road”. Any mature person would assume that was the end of the relationship. No. She texted my other son to check on her ex ultimately giving my other son her new telephone number. Friday night, she called me in tears because my son would not answer or return her calls and text messages. I gave her some advice while my husband was standing staring at me telling me not to get involved and to hang up the phone. Nice advice but a little too late as I'm already involved whether I want to be or not. Sunday night (Mother's Day), my son asked me if I could drive on Saturday to pick her up because they need to talk. I’m dazed and confused. This is where alcohol fits in nicely in my life. At least, that would be a better reason to be dazed and confused. Oh the drama of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment