About Me

I am married with children. I have a 20 year old son; a 17 year old son; a 4 year old daughter. I have been married twice. The first marriage lasted 11 years. I have been married to my second husband 15 months as of May 14th. I grew up on a small Vermont family farm with 2 brothers and 3 sisters. I was a ward of the state. I have 2 biological sisters. I have had 4 last names. My biological name, my adopted name, and my two married names. I am not a materialistic person. I believe in angels, forgiveness, God, love, and second chances. I love my children and my husband. I have always wanted to be part of something bigger than myself where I could help others. I wish I could do more for the people in my life. I am no saint though I am no devil either. I have not been far in this world which makes me no expert on most topics. I took a train once from New England to Florida with a 6 year old and a 3 year old when I was 33. I have never been in a plane or on a cruise ship. I did take the fairy from Maine to Nova Scotia in 1987. That was the extent of my travelling days. I am my own worst critic and my own worst enemy at times.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Quotes


A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.  ~Tenneva Jordan

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.  ~Author Unknown

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.  ~Chinese Proverb

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.  ~William Makepeace Thackeray

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.  ~Jewish Proverb
 
Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.  ~Oprah Winfrey 

A mother understands what a child does not say.  ~Author Unknown 

A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking.

All that I am and hope to be, I owe to my beautiful mother.

Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
- Lin Yutang

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.
- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.
All I am I owe to my mother.
I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
- George Washington (1732-1799)

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- Author Unknown

We only have One Mom, One Mommy, One Mother in this World, One life. Don't wait for the Tomorrow's to tell Mom, you love her.
- Author Unknown

Nobody knows of the work it makes
To keep the home together.
Nobody knows of the steps it takes,
Nobody knows-but Mother.
- Anonymous

Woman knows what man has long forgotten, that the ultimate economic and spiritual unit of any civilization is still the family.
- Clare Boothe Luce

Likely Mother (to son wandering around the room):
"What are you looking for?"
Son: "Nothing."
Mother: "You'll find it in the box where the candy was."

A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.
- Cardinal Mermillod

Children and mothers never truly part -
Bound in the beating of each other's heart.
- Charlotte Gray

You never realize how much your mother loves you till you explore the attic - and find every letter you ever sent her, every finger painting, clay pot, bead necklace, Easter chicken, cardboard Santa Claus, paperlace Mother's Day card and school report since day one.
- Pam Brown

Flowers For Mother
Mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.
- Leroy Brownlow

I love being a mother...I am more aware. I feel things on a deeper level. I have a kind of understanding about my body, about being a woman.
- Shelley Long

A mother laughs our laughter,
Sheds our tears,
Returns our love,
Fears our fears.
She lives our joys,
Cares our cares,
And all our hopes and dreams she shares.
- Julia Summers

A woman with a child rediscovers the world.
All is changed - politics, loyalties, needs.
For now all is judged by the life of the child ... and of all children.
- Pam Brown

Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate.
- Charlotte Gray

Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
- Elizabeth Stone

Everybody knows that a good mother gives her children a feeling of trust and stability. She is their earth. She is the one they can count on for the things that matter most of all. She is their food and their bed and the extra blanket when it grows cold in the night; she is their warmth and their health and their shelter; she is the one they want to be near when they cry. She is the only person in the whole world in a whole lifetime who can be these things to her children. There is no substitute for her. Somehow even her clothes feel different to her children's hands from anybody else's clothes. Only to touch her skirt or her sleeve makes a troubled child feel better.
- Katharine Butler Hathaway

Being a mother is an excitement and enticement and a growth. It is the possibilty that haunts and delights the young girl as she grows to womanhood. It is a part of the fantasy, both her longing for it and her fear of it. The months of pregnancy highlight all the richness of the remembered and internalized experience about mothering. The birth itself brings forth the baby, until now a fantasy, into reality. This real baby is a constant changing, crying, knowing being, and for me the delight of this experience has been one of the most important parts of my life as a women.
- Dr. Beverley Raphael

And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see -- or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read.
- Alice Walker
  

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.
- Maureen Hawkins
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment