About Me

I am married with children. I have a 20 year old son; a 17 year old son; a 4 year old daughter. I have been married twice. The first marriage lasted 11 years. I have been married to my second husband 15 months as of May 14th. I grew up on a small Vermont family farm with 2 brothers and 3 sisters. I was a ward of the state. I have 2 biological sisters. I have had 4 last names. My biological name, my adopted name, and my two married names. I am not a materialistic person. I believe in angels, forgiveness, God, love, and second chances. I love my children and my husband. I have always wanted to be part of something bigger than myself where I could help others. I wish I could do more for the people in my life. I am no saint though I am no devil either. I have not been far in this world which makes me no expert on most topics. I took a train once from New England to Florida with a 6 year old and a 3 year old when I was 33. I have never been in a plane or on a cruise ship. I did take the fairy from Maine to Nova Scotia in 1987. That was the extent of my travelling days. I am my own worst critic and my own worst enemy at times.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

To Wear A Tiara or Not To Wear A Tiara. That is the question.

I wore a tiara when I got married on February 14, 2009. I was 46. I should have worn it on my 1st anniversary but I vow to wear it every anniversary from now on. I believe it is perfectly acceptable to wear a tiara for special occasions or for ordinary days. Why do you need a reason to wear a tiara? It's not offensive or harmful. It's pretty and beautiful. It's not an ugly tattoo you carry with 24/7. It's not a nose or lip ring. It's not a baseball cap or a t-shirt with an offensive statement on the front. I believe any woman can and should wear a tiara at least once in their lifetime. Tiara's are acceptable.

To quote from a sweet movie that my daughter and I watched, The Little Princess:

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics.
Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or
young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell
you that? Didn't he?"

"All women are princesses, it is our right."

No comments:

Post a Comment